Friday, January 16, 2009

Ooooo, welcome back!


Oh my, it's been a while since I posted to my blog.  Rest assured, I did make it back from San Francisco and we had a lovely trip.  Then the whole holiday season arrived, interspersed with various bouts of ear infections and stomach flu, followed by a desperate need to catch up on house cleaning and actual work at work.  Now it's mid-January and I can focus on more important things, like posting to a blog that no one actually reads.  

I suppose some people would read this if I actually told anyone about it, but I don't think I can take that kind of pressure right now.  I worry that my blog is inadequate.  It isn't ripe yet, it needs more time to rise, and it might fall if I take it out of the oven too soon.  (Why all the cooking metaphors???  It's a blog, not a souffle!).  But mostly I haven't told anyone about my blog because I don't know how interested anyone would be in reading about my vain attempts to clean up the disaster zone of the basement, how I've already ordered seeds for my garden even though it's only mid-January and it's 2 degrees outside today, or I'm going to go insane if Ally asks me to read "The Icky Sticky Anteater" one more time.

I know....I'll start posting pictures.  That'll capture their attention and keep them slavishly returning for more.  (ha!)

No comments: