Friday, August 27, 2010

Driftwood Cove

I finished another quilt last week. It's another charm quilt made from an assortment of fabrics, some new and some from recycled clothing. There's a flannel sheet for the batting and the edges are self-bound and triple-stitched again. The back is pieced from three different fabrics, and it's all quilted in a diamond pattern.

The neutral colors of brown, tan, and gray, along with the marine and lighter blues, all remind me of the beach. One of those beaches with cobble stones, bits of sea glass, and lots of driftwood. Probably someplace on the west coast in Oregon or Washington, where in the fall you might build a bonfire and watch the sun go down while sipping hot chocolate and wrapped up in a throw like this one. For that reason I'm naming this one "Driftwood Cove."

Driftwood Front

Driftwood Back

I made this quilt with the intention of selling it at the Floyd Arts and Craft Show, which runs October 1-2 at the high school in Floyd, Virginia. Something tells me I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't sell.

No comments: