Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stupid Groundhog

So, as you may have heard already, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning in Pennsylvania, signifying that we have another six weeks of winter before spring arrives. And it's been snowing here going on three hours now. Gah! I'd like to shoot the groundhog and make brunswick stew out of him....at least the stew would help keep me warm.

It's been a long, hard winter so far and February is usually the hardest month. I find myself turning up the hot water in my shower and craving salsas and hot sauce. Soon I'll be showering in the hot sauce. I'd gladly take a week or two of August's heat and humidity right now, just for the novelty of it. Of course I know that I'll be wistful for all of this snow and sleet come August after several months of heat and humidity, but I'm willing to deal with that later.

No comments: