Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ally the Herpetologist

Ally seems to have a fondness for snakes. Her car seat has a long strap that's used to tighten the harness and she's been calling this strap Willy for almost a year now. Willy is apparently her pretend pet snake. Sometimes Willy is a boy snake and sometimes she's a girl snake. Even though the strap is black, Ally tells me Willy is pink. Willy seems to have some mobility problems as Ally tells me she holds Willy so he won't fall down, even though "he just lies on the ground and wiggles." Willy also comes up to people to lick the peanut butter off of them. I'm not sure how these people get peanut butter all over them, but Willy is there to rescue them when they need it.

We also have a giant pink hedgehog with red eyes that sometimes lives in the woods. I'm not sure how it fits in with the rest of the menagerie that lives around our house, but Ally insists, "I show you!" if I ask her about it.

No comments: